Start your day off with these IIFYM Pumpkin Pancakes! All the pumpkin spice, all the protein, all the AMAZING. Macro Monday done right!
IIFYM, Macro Monday, 10/23/17, Pumpkin Pancakes
Yields: 6 servings
• ½ cup pumpkin puree
• 2 large pastured eggs
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
• ¼ cup almond milk (or coconut milk, hemp milk)
• ½ teaspoon cider vinegar
• 1 cup blanched almond flour
• ¼ cup ground flax seed
• ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (I used Trader Joe's)
• ¼ teaspoon baking soda
• ¼ teaspoon sea salt
• pure maple syrup
1. Heat griddle to 300 degrees F (or heat a skillet over medium heat).
2. Combine the pumpkin, eggs, coconut oil, almond milk and vinegar (or lemon juice) in a large bowl. Mix well. Add the almond flour, flax, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt and stir until well combined. Batter will be slightly thick.
3. Lightly oil griddle or skillet surface with coconut oil. Pour batter onto griddle using and ⅛ cup measure or a heaping tablespoon. Pancakes are ready to flip when bubbles pop on surface of pancake. (about 3 minutes) Continue cooking other side until golden brown.
4. Enjoy with pure maple syrup. (not included in macro count)