From our friends at Stupid Easy Paleo:Paleo Quiche with Chickn, Bacon & MushroomsThis Paleo Chicken Bacon Mushroom Quiche is incredibly easy to make and uses up leftover meat you may have in your fridge. What makes this Paleo? First, it’s crustless. You *could* make a gluten-free crust but that takes time, and I wanted this to be as quick as possible. Second, unlike regular quiche, this has no dairy (no milk, cream or cheese). Rest assured, it’s still ultra-tasty!Wondering what makes a quiche different from a frittata? Technically it’s the amount of liquid you add: A frittata has very little while a quiche has more, resulting in a more custard-like texture to the eggs. I did cut the amount of liquid down to 1 cup so if you’re a quiche purist, go easy on me! You can change up this Paleo Chicken Bacon Mushroom Quiche in a variety of ways…check the bottom of the post for some suggestions! Bon appetit!
Ingredients for Paleo Chicken Bacon Mushroom Quiche
- 2 ounces (55 grams) dried mushrooms
- 6 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups leftover shredded chicken
- 2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (240 mL) full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Coconut oil
Directions for Paleo Chicken Bacon Mushroom Quiche
Find directions HERE
Change it Up
- Instead of dried mushrooms, use about 2 cups of sliced fresh mushrooms, any kind. Be sure to fry them down before you use them so they don’t add a lot of moisture to the quiche.
- Don’t have any chicken? Use any leftover meat you’d like or just go meatless. If you don’t add meat, I recommend adding a veggie in its place.
- Don’t like coconut milk? Use another nut milk of choice (homemade almond milk is great…I would make it extra thick by cutting the water down to 3 cups instead of 4).
- Double the ingredients and make a mega-sized quiche for the week ahead.