We're back again with another CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe! This week features Spicy Garlic Shrimp & Quinoa!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Spicy Garlic Shrimp & Quinoa
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• ½ onion finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic minced
• 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 cup (190 grams) uncooked quinoa
• 2 cups (500 ml) low-sodium vegetable stock
• 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
• ½ lb (225 grams) raw tail-on shrimp peeled and deveined
• Juice of half lemon
• salt and pepper
1. In a fine-meshed strainer, rinse the quinoa under cold running water.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over a medium heat.
3. Add the onion and 1 clove of garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until the onion softens slightly.
4. Add the quinoa and ½ teaspoon of chili powder. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Sautee for 1 minute, then add the broth.
6. Bring to a boil uncovered. When it starts to boil, reduce the heat to the lowest setting, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the water is absorbed, and the quinoa is cooked and tender. Remove from heat, add the parsley, and mix well.
7. While quinoa is cooking, cook the shrimp. Heat ½ tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the shrimp and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon of chili powder. Season with salt and pepper, and sautee until no longer translucent.
8. Add 1 clove of garlic and cook until fragrant.
9. Mix the quinoa and shrimp together, drizzle with lemon juice, and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.