CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Korean Style Beef Bowls
Yields: 4 servings
• 1.5 lbs lean grass-fed ground beef
• 2 cups cooked brown rice
• 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
• 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
• 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
• 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
• 3 Tbsp coconut aminos, or Bragg's liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
• 2 Tbsp hot sauce
• 1 Tbsp raw honey, or pure maple syrup
• Optional garnish: scallions, sliced red chillies, sesame seeds
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add ground beef and cook breaking it apart with a wooden spoon, for about 6 minutes.
3. Drain excess grease.
4. Once beef begins to brown, stir in peppers, garlic, ginger, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Stir in all the sauces and simmer while stirring for 2 minutes more.
6. To assemble your meal prep bowls, divide the cooked rice equally among 4 glass containers.
7. Top equally with cooked beef and sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds, if using.
8. Save refrigerated for up to 3 days.