CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Honey Garlic Baked Chicken and Veggies
Yields: 4 servings
Honey Garlic Sauce:
• 1 Tablespoon tapioca starch or cornstarch
• 1/2 cup coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
• 1/4 cup natural honey
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
Chicken and Veggies:
• 1 medium onion
• 3 heads broccoli
• 4–6 carrots
• 1 red bell pepper
• 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1“-2” pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together the cornstarch and soy sauce until the cornstarch completely dissolves, and no lumps remain. Add the honey and garlic, mixing to combine.
3. Chop or dice all vegetables.
4. Divide the prepped veggies between the baking sheets along with the chicken pieces, spreading everything evenly. Stir the sauce again to make sure the cornstarch hasn’t settled to the bottom before pouring it evenly over both sheet pans of chicken and veggies.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked and the veggies are crisp tender. Stir once during the cooking time to make sure everything is coated in sauce
6. Divide among 4 containers. Can be served over rice. Enjoy!