CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Grilled Turkey Burgers
Yields: 4 servings
• 1 1/3 pounds lean ground turkey
• 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely grated
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Add the ground turkey, grated onion, garlic, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, salt & pepper to a large bowl. Using your hands, mix until just combined.
2. Divide the turkey burger mixture into 4 even portions and form each portion into a 1-inch thick patty. Set them on a baking sheet.
3. Transfer the baking sheet with the turkey burger patties to the freezer. Chill for at least 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, as the turkey burgers chill, preheat the grill for medium-high direct heat grilling, about 450 degrees F. Just before placing the burgers on the grill, generously oil the grates.
5. Remove the turkey burgers from the freezer. At this point they should be quite a bit easier to handle; finish forming them into 1-inch thick patties, using your thumb to create an indent in the center of each patty. Firmly press each turkey burger patty down onto the prepared grill grates. Grill the turkey burgers for 6 minutes per side, or until a thermometer inserted in the center of the turkey burgers registers at least 160 degrees F. If you’d like to add cheese to your turkey burgers, do so when there are 2 minutes left of grilling time.
6. Allow the turkey burgers to rest for a few minutes (residual heat will increase the internal temperature to 165 degrees F) before serving as desired. Enjoy!