CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Easy Asian Bean & Rice Bowls
Yields: 4 servings
• 1 cup uncooked white jasmine rice
• 1 pound extra lean ground beef
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
• 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped
• Garnish (optional): scallions, sesame seeds
1. Cook the rice according to package directions.
2. Add the beef to a skillet over medium-high heat and break it up with your spoon until it's fully cooked (approx. 8-10 minutes). If there's a lot of excess fat, drain it.
3. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the sauce ingredients (brown sugar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, ginger, and garlic).
4. Reduce the heat to medium and return the pan to the heat. Add the red pepper pieces. Cook for a few more minutes, stirring often, until the peppers are tender-crisp.
5. Serve the beef over the rice and garnish as desired.