CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Baked Lemon Chicken
Yields: 4 servings
1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
lemon slices for serving (optional)
1 .Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
2. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper and the Italian seasoning.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until browned.
4. Transfer the chicken to a baking dish.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the butter, garlic, chicken broth and lemon juice. Pour the butter mixture over the chicken.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Bake time may vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
7. Spoon the sauce on the bottom of the baking dish over the chicken, then sprinkle with parsley and serve. Garnish with lemon slices if desired.