CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
5-Ingredient Chocolate Date Balls
(Dates for Valentine’s Day- get it?)
Yields: 12 servings
• 1 1/2 cups raw walnut halves
• 1 cup Medjool dates, pits removed
• 1/4 cup cocoa powder
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
• Additional cocoa powder, for coating
1. In a large food processor, grind the walnuts into a fine meal.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients, and process again until a sticky, uniform dough is formed.
3. Scoop the batter by heaping tablespoons onto a plate or baking sheet lined with parchment paper, to prevent sticking. Roll the balls between your hands, and roll them in cocoa powder, if desired.
4. Store the balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months